When I started my first round of Whole30 in February, I was looking for new ideas to cook Whole30 compliant chicken and came across Jay’s Baking Me Crazy‘s recipe for Paleo Lemon Butter Chicken. I modified her recipe a bit but oh my lord, DELICIOUS is an understatement. I’ve made this recipe at least 8 times, no lie. I’m hooked! This recipe is super easy and perfect for anyone looking for a delicious, paleo and Whole30 friendly meal 🙂
1lb chicken breast
3 tablespoons of ghee
1/4 cup of coconut cream
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of basil
1 juiced lemon
1lb of butternut squash noodles*
1 tablespoon of capers
*WholeFoods sells a 1lb package of butternut squash noodles for less than $5 if you don’t have the desire to make your own 🙂
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- With cooking sheers, cut up chicken breasts into small cubed size pieces. I found that this helps the flavors infuse into the chicken easily and it makes it easier to serve.
- In a sauce pan, combine ghee, coconut cream, garlic powder, salt, basil, and lemon juice. Stir consistently and simmer on stove until everything has melted together.
- Put all the cut up pieces of chicken breasts in a 9X9 glass cooking pan and pour the mixture from the sauce pan over all the chicken breasts. Sprinkle capers into the mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. After about 25 minutes of cooking, flip chicken over and spoon mixture over chicken. Let chicken finish cooking for the remaining time.
- In a frying pan, spray cooking oil and sauté butternut squash noodles for about 8-10 minutes making sure to keep rotating noodles in the pan. Season with salt and garlic powder for desired taste.
- Set noodles aside.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, divide servings of butternut squash in separate bowls and spoon desired amount of chicken and mixture over noodles.
- Enjoy!! 🙂
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy butternut squash noodles? Let me know if there are any recipes you suggest!